Night Shift Nurses' Aide
Posted on Jan 15, 2020 by Congregation of St Joseph
Looking for the most rewarding and peaceful workplace in Northeast Ohio? The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph is that place! St. Joseph Center is situated on a wooded campus overlooking the Cleveland Metroparks. The Congregation of St. Joseph is a religious community of vowed Catholic women and lay associates who live and minister in the US and around the world. St. Joseph Center is an a assisted living facility for retired sisters.
The Night Shift Nurses' Aide provides hands-on care to the Sisters residing or convalescing at Mt. St. Joseph. Within the scope of training obtained, Aides perform direct care activities and assist in maintaining the optimum quality of life for the Sisters under the direction of the Director of Nursing. The Resident Aide is responsible for providing a comfortable and safe environment and activities which promote quality of life for the Sisters.
- Keeps informed of changes in Sisters' condition by being attentive to documentation and communication tools mandated by department policies.
- Notifies supervisor of any changes in conditions ie physical, emotional or psychological.
- Provides personal aspects of care to increase the level of comfort and to maintain personal hygiene while assuring modesty and respect to the sisters/residents at all times.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment. Performs care under the direction of licensed nursing personnel.
- Maintains general neatness and order in the facility by providing for light housekeeping needs, particularly when housekeeping staff is not available.
- Accurately reports and documents resident care as dictated by policies of the nursing department.
- In conjunction with state certification and under the supervision of the RN/Center Director of Nursing, may be requested to provide more sophisticated care and perform procedures which have been deemed necessary to monitor medical or mental status of a particular resident. May be requested to pick-up prescriptions, pass medications, or deliver medications.
- May be requested to accompany residents to medical appointments.
- Assists with transports and transfers using proper body mechanics, when needed.
- Provides assistance to the Sisters/residents with regard to exercise equipment, remains knowledgeable about equipment and provide guidance when needed.
- Promotes and maintains a spirit of charism and teamwork. Follows Generous Promises.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in direct personal care and/or geriatrics preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility in working all three shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Flexibility in changing routines in accordance with Sisters'/residents' schedules.
- Ability to relate well with the elderly and understands individual dignity of residents and co-workers.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, twist, bend, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 60 pounds.
- Regular use of hands, fingers, and arms to handle, feel, lift, or move objects.
- Ability to carry out verbal instructions and converse with residents, co-workers, and visitors.
- Ability to respond to audible signals, alarms, call light indicators, and promptly and appropriately respond to a caller on the phone.
- Ability to push/pull wheelchairs, geriatric chairs, and other equipment.
- Ability to transfer residents, with assistance of another, in an emergency situation.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as needed, with on-call responsibility.
- Ability to work in an atmosphere of numerous interruptions.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens, chemical and respiratory hazards.
- Exposure to latex, plastic and/or materials which are used for personal protective equipment.
Successful applicants must pass state-required drug and background screens, including fingerprinting.
The Congregation of St. Joseph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.