Senior Network & Security Engineer - Cisco \ PTP \ VPN \ ASA
Posted on Jan 15, 2020 by Sentinel
Senior Network & Security Engineer - Cisco/PTP/VPN/ASA/Firewall/OSPF (Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Network and Security Engineer for a long-term contract with a major pharma client in the Brussels area. They require someone with extensive knowledge of Cisco network and security systems to act as part of a global team supports regions across the globe.
After an initial 3 months in Brussels there is an option to work fully remotely depending upon performance
- Requirement gathering and translation.
- Create and provide detailed documentation and Visio drawings for network and Security designs and configurations.
- Monitor and report system resource utilization, security posture, trending, and capacity planning.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (eg, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, DNS, DHCP).
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Hands on experience with PTP, VPN, ASA Firewall, OSPF.
- Experience with Cisco and other IT manufacturers
- Extensive knowledge of WAN technologies. Including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, QoS, Cisco Routers, IPSEC, VPN, SDWAN.
- Extensive knowledge of LAN Switching technologies, Including VSS, OSPF, Cisco 3850, Cisco Catalyst 9000, 68xx, 4500, Nexus 9000 Switches,
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, IPAM on Infoblox platform
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA, FTD, SourceFire, Stealthwatch, TACACs, Fortinet Firewalls
- F5 load balancing.
Please apply now for more information!