Data Integration Specialist
Posted on Jan 15, 2020 by UniQuest
We offer the leading student conversion service for universities - increasing conversion of prospective students for the university, while improving the student experience pre-enrolment. The Data Integration/ETL Specialist will be responsible for the management, development and implementation of integration solutions for both new and existing partners. Intelligently and robustly managing the complexity of varied data sources for each partner is critical.
We are looking for someone who can bring a breadth of knowledge and experience, with innate curiosity, to our growing business, ensuring our solutions continue to meet the requirements of our partner base in a robust and scalable way. In turn, we offer a supportive and open work environment, with fantastic and ambitious colleagues, and training and development opportunities to help you in your growth in this important role.
As an ETL Specialist your primary focus will be the technical delivery of data feeds and integrations, and a limited number of migration projects with our partners. You will also support the development of improved data architecture and data strategy. Working closely with our project and client teams to understand requirements, you will analyse source data architecture and systems, and deliver the most effective data integration approach with the UQ Platform as the target (built on Salesforce). An ability to work independently, prioritise effectively, communicate brilliantly, and a willingness to learn new applications and design new solutions are all critical to success in this role.
Our perks and benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + the Christmas break (in between Christmas and New Year) + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Company social events
- Monthly birthday breakfasts
- Access to online perks (discounts etc)
- Friday 'bar'
- Gym onsite
Your key responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the implementation of initial data integration deployments, ongoing scheduled integrations and ad hoc data loads
- Act as the lead in the development and assessment of all interfaces required to support application integration
- Ensure alignment between all parties for the successful execution of integration User Acceptance Testing
- Proactively look for opportunities to increase automation, working across teams to ensure successful adoption
- Analyse data quality and integrity and design solutions to address areas of concern
Essential experience and traits:
- Managing large data volumes via a variety of ETL tools, such as Jitterbit Harmony and Zapier
- Familiarity of frameworks such as SOAP/XML, REST/JSON APIs and tools such as GitHub
- Advanced Excel skills
- SQL tuning and writing of scripts
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills, including communicating complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Creating a high standard of documentation to support product team and wider business
- Collaborative approach to work and experience of agile methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
Nice to have:
- Experience of using Salesforce.com
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £42k Annual
£42k - £42k Annual