Posted on Jan 14, 2020 by ITech Consult
Our client is a a team of business, process and digital transformation experts. Their employees have experience in BPM and workflow and are dedicated to making intuitive, affordable process automation tools that empower business users, to get work done smarter and quicker.
They are looking for a Development Manager to have full responsibility of the R&D function.
You will be a key contributor to the technical success of the organization and will work closely with other Managers within the company to ensure our product strategy is aligned to that success.
You will be responsible for all development and architectural standards, ensuring that our client's products are of the highest quality and that our public release practices are best of breed.
Our client's product is a globally distributed SaaS product, currently hosted within the Microsoft Office365 EcoSystem. The business seeks continued accelerated growth and has built up a strong and growing customer base over the last 3 years. It is an award winning product, winning worldwide Microsoft App awards for Best User Interface and People's Choice categories.
* Provide strong technical input on O365, PaaS and cloud architectures
* Lead and manage the software engineering team in all regards, including that of our near shore delivery partners, to include culture, motivation and performance
* Manage and continuously improve our agile delivery methodology
* Accountability, oversight and validation of all technical/software decisions
* Provide the senior technical referral point
* Fulfill or manage the product management function
* Ensure adherence to quality processes to include unit testing, test driven development, automated testing and continuous build and release systems
* Definition and Management of our Architecture and Coding Standards
* Ensure architectural and standard compliance of all deliverables
* Ensuring a secure, robust, performant and scalable product
* Ensuring a robust and scalable source control solution capable of supporting distributed development
* Maintain appropriate and standardized operational environments for the development life cycle that implements continuous development & deployment of our products.
* Ensure all technical issues are responded to and resolved through ratified Service Levels Agreements between the R&D resolver group and the Customer Success division
* Maintain a technology communications strategy to ensure successful information sharing across the organisation
* Document, own and maintain the technical development product roadmap and assess resources against that roadmap as required
* Be the facilitator and key contributor to incremental and step-change innovation within the organisation though FlowForma's ID8 Innovation framework
* Interaction with customers (internal & external) throughout the product & project life cycle in a DM capacity as required
* Comfortable presenting 'deep dives' into the product to increase technical awareness of the product capabilities
* CTO ambition
* 7+ years relevant industrial experience
* 2+ years of implementing cloud HADR architectures
* Strong people management experience and capability
* Product design and implementation experience on Azure
* OO/SOA design and implementation techniques
* UI/UX experience
* Strong cloud and Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) experience
* MS cloud product portfolio knowledge
* Excellent architectural, communication and interpersonal skills
* Honours degree in Computer Science or similar related qualification/experience
* Willingness to travel and present at prospect, client, partner and marketing events worldwide
* P&L awareness and budgetary adherence experience
Nice to Have(s):
* 2+ years implementation and operation management of cloud DevOps (docker & kebernetes preferred)
* technology certifications esp. MS Certified (SharePoint/O365)
* formal management or leadership training
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918803FK
Role: Development Manager
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.