Data Engineer - FTSE 100 backed Accelerator - Global Energy Co
Posted on Jan 14, 2020 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer with a passion for data to join a new and exciting venture, further to the success of the incubators they have established globally.
This new venture sets out to do things differently taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex wicked problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you'll certainly not be bored!
About the role:
- Ability to engineer a complete data-centric solution from scratch, collecting functional and non-functional requirements, taking into account technical environments, business constraints and enterprise organisations
- Enjoy working with Data Scientists and can speak their language
- Have sharp communication skills to clearly share your ideas
- Enjoy learning new technologies, architecture patterns, programming languages and machine learning algorithms
- You are enthusiastic about innovation in Software Engineering and not afraid to contribute to open-source projects
- Enjoy attending, and even better presenting at technical meetups from time to time
-Curious about the bigger picture and passionate about bringing data to life
We expect a Data Engineer to bring a broad software engineering experience:
- Backend and/or Front End development in any programming language of your choice
- Design of web services
- Algorithms and complexity analysis
- Linux system administration, development and production environments
- Cloud, container and microservices infrastructures
- Software security
- Development workflow automation
And a strong focus on data processing:
- Databases, theory and practice
- Distributed data processing
- Real Time event processing
- Concepts of functional programming
- Data privacy and anonymization techniques
- Enterprise data warehousing, Business Intelligence and ETL principles
- Statistics and analytics
- Machine learning
Keywords: Linux, Scala, Python, R, Julia, Java, Clojure, Git, CI/CD, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Airflow, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Shell, Kerberos, HANA, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, XGBoost, scikit-learn, TensorFlow
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.