Front End Web Developer
Posted on Jan 14, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Beacon Hill Technologies has a contract to hire opportunity for a Junior - Mid Level Front End Web Developer.
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team to plan, design, develop, and implement and maintain a visual style library for the content management system that showcases our distinctive strengths in a dynamic and compelling way. Contribute constructively to office and team brainstorming, planning and implementation discussions. Facilitate interaction with colleagues, supervisor, university constituents outside UMC and vendors supporting the university's digital presence. Work with others through the development, configuration, migration, integration, testing and maintenance of Drupal websites. In collaboration with colleagues and supervisor, ensure that CWRU sites within the Drupal content management conform to university brand standards (including responsive design), federal law regarding accessibility, and UMC protocols for functionality and usability. Work with other members to establish web architectural standards and patterns.
- Design and Develop Drupal themes and sub-themes; build page layouts with content and blocks, build navigation with menus and toolbars, create content types, and perform code reviews. Develop custom integrations to bridge third party software. Translate technical information into specifications or action plans. Develop and produce documentation of web applications including requirements and design documents, code documentation, user documentation and other reports as needed. Assist in implementation and testing for new Drupal websites. Diagnose and correct any issues.
- Administer the university's Drupal content management system and associated web systems. Implement views, taxonomies, and references. Ensure protection and security of data that is accessed, collected, or stored by web applications and databases.
Prefer experience with Drupal 8.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, in IT-related field preferred.
- Knowledge of OOP principles in PHP 5.x and greater.
- Fundamental knowledge of Gulp.
- Knowledge of Git or other version-control software.
- Understanding of command line (SSH, Drush, etc.).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.