Web Operations Engineer
Posted on Jan 14, 2020 by Applied Informatics Limited
Software architecture and development consultancy seeks suitably experienced Web Operations Engineer to work with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Digital Services team to provide support to existing services and infrastructure.
Specialist will work onsite with client's Digital Services is a team of c. 60 digital professionals responsible for designing, developing and maintaining NICE's portfolio of digital services including the NICE website, Pathways and NICE Evidence Services. Engagement requires minimum 4 days working on-site at client's office.
We expect this engagement to be outside IR35.
Role will involve:
- Providing support and operational input to the existing WebOps team.
- Providing support to developer and tester requests
- Working with the team to identify opportunities for automation and optimisation
- Providing documentation on configuration and changes
- Supporting the existing backlog.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience with AWS.
- Operational management of Windows Servers, delivery a complex web application stack.
- An understanding of application deployment strategies, continuous integration and version control.
- Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability environment.
- Strong critical, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working within an Agile development environment.
- Administering common databases like SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB.
Highly desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with Azure.
- Experience with VMWare and VDI.
- Operational management of Linux Servers, delivering a complex web application stack.
- Knowledge of Docker and Rancher.
- Experience of CI/CD tools such as Octopus or Jenkins.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£250 - £300 Daily
£25k - £30k Annual
£475 - £475 Daily
£40k - £50k Annual