Delivery Service Transition Analyst ( Azure/ITIL/Service Design )
Posted on Jan 13, 2020 by Venturi Limited
A leading Energy provider are looking for a Delivery Service Transition Analyst ( Azure/ITIL/Service Design ) to join their team in Reading
In this role, you'll provide Service Transition (aligned to ITIL) guidance, enhance and extend the Operating Model and give direction to Data and Analytics (DnA) Delivery Teams (internal and third party) from a best practice, quality assurance and governance perspective. This role requires a start-up mentality where the individual will be required to stretch themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and developing new or enhanced process and principles to ensure the success of the team.
Key responsibilities for the Delivery Service Transition Analyst ( Azure/ITIL/Service Design ) include:
Author/implement/embed ITIL processes as applicable to a cloud environment in a manner where they become the day to day usage by the Delivery team.
Agree processes/changes with Architecture and Security before implementation
Ensure that all processes/changes adhere to the company Policies as agreed in the TOR (Transfer of Ownership) document
Any changes to existing TOM or TOR needs to have DnA Management sign off before wider SSE approached.
Ideal skills for the Delivery Service Transition Analyst ( Azure/ITIL/Service Design ) include:
- ITIL V3 Certified
- You'll be conversant with Agile and DevOps development concepts and methodology, as applied to data driven analytics projects, working closely with DevOps engineers and other specialists to implement the operating model.
- You'll have extensive experience of Service Transitioning Cloud projects and Azure analytics components through design, build and implementation life cycles, including technologies such as Data Lake Analytics, Power BI and Microsoft Visual Studio, Data Factory, SQL DB/DW and SSIS
- You'll bring knowledge and experience of implementing operating models (ITIL compliant) in a cloud environment; especially release management, environment management and support processes.
- Familiarity with Service Now, Azure DevOps and Power BI, able to use these tools to generate reporting and KPI's on service and support performance, both for the implementation team and management.
- You'll also understand the pros and cons of big-data processing approaches and analytics concepts at a non-technical level and will demonstrate the ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance and infrastructure, as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- This is a hands-on role that will require defining principles, authoring an taking operating model form these principles and implementing this to measurable quality KPI's ensuring adoption in the DevOps team and wider DnA practice.
- Although knowledge of the energy industry will be useful, it is not essential.
If you think the above Delivery Service Transition Analyst ( Azure/ITIL/Service Design ) role is a good fit, please apply using your most recent CV