Senior Environmental Consultant
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Adler & Allan
Location: Kent (Home-Based)
Salary: Depending on experience and capability
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
OHES Environmental Consultancy, part of the Adler and Allan group, are currently looking for two Senior Environmental Consultants to join in the locations above. The roles will be classed as homebased, and the postholders will be expected to travel to different sites and offices as required.
The postholders will be employed on a full-time basis, working 9-5 Monday to Friday, although a degree of flexibility around start and finish times will be required. Reporting to their Regional Manager, the postholders will be required to arrange site works, liaising with contractors and clients, conducting site investigations and performing associated sampling and monitoring whilst maintaining high standards of health and safety.
Senior Environmental Consultant Responsibilities:
* Project management with support/training from the regional team, finance and consultancy support teams.
* Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with scope including communication with relevant parties.
* Site investigation design.
* Supervise site investigations, remediation works and verification/validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
* Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
* Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
* Prepare reports including:
* Preliminary Risk Assessments
* Interpretive site investigation reports
* Site verification/validation reports.
* Control and take responsibility for project financials.
* Assisting Principal Environmental Consultants in the development and training of less experienced team members.
* Identify and share opportunities for the wider A&A group.
* Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
* Perform other duties as required by the consultancy division and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
Senior Environmental Consultant Requirements:
* Hold a degree in a relevant earth science or geo-environmental related discipline and ideally some professional qualifications while working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation.
* 5 or more years' experience in an Environmental Consultancy role
* Knowledge of the available site investigation techniques, and experience supervising a variety of them, particularly the available drilling techniques.
* Experience of working on contaminated land projects where there is p
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £50k Annual
£25k - £32k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual