Senior Windows Systems Engineer
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
These positions will be on a team of engineers that support hundreds of applications across 5,000+ Servers in multiple locations. This is a 12 month contract with likely extensions.
Come join an industry leader with a large IT organization and great work culture. Apply today!
- System engineering for Windows 2008/12/16 Servers in a highly-virtualized production environment
- Windows Internet Information Server (IIS) administration
- Sound working knowledge of information security (LDAP, RBAC, digital certificates), Internet authentication protocols and network concepts (load balancing/failover, DNS, FTP, SMTP)
- Capability to utilize Scripting technologies and structured data solutions like XML to automate server environment administration activities
- In-depth knowledge of IT operations, such as operating systems components, utilities, production schedulers and system environment hardware components (eg, CPU, disk and tape technologies)
- In-depth knowledge of software development concepts
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem-solving skills
- Advanced time management and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Habitual thorough documentation of system configurations, computer program logic, and task procedures
- Automation/configuration management using Puppet or similar tools
- Cloud services and technology support
- Java/Linux/Oracle infrastructure support
- Application development background
- Knowledge of Lean principles and their application to software development practices
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Associate's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or related field of study and minimum of four years working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of six years related experience working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems may be accepted.
- This position requires online pre-employment testing for external candidates.
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime : straight time