Senior Project Manager (Contract)
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for performing project management activities on concurrent, large, and complex projects and for the application of project management discipline to ensure successful delivery of business and technical projects. The SPM leads, performs, and provides consulting on all activities related to the Office of Finance (OF) project management life cycle.
The SPM is responsible for building and maintaining productive working relationships between multiple business units and constituencies, including strategic partners. The SPM provides OF leadership with timely information regarding the project status, which may include but is not limited to project dependencies, resource allocations, schedule, budget, and risks.
RESPONSIBILITIES Lead and manage activities outlined in the OF Project Management Life Cycle and OF Software as a Service (SaaS) Guide.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for business units, technical team, and external partners such as vendors and Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) during project initiation, planning, execution, and closing phases.
- Create and/or maintain project artifacts including project charter, project schedule, contracts, vendor artifacts, status reports, issues, risks, communication plan, project portfolio data, project Key Performance Indicators, and cost reports.
- Maintain alignment of project management activities with applicable OF policies and procedures.
- Recommend and customize project management approach based on the complexity of project.
- Serve as a consultant for business and technical teams who manage projects that do not have a dedicated PMO project manager or business analyst.
- Conduct project overviews for new employees or project team members.
- Maintain sound knowledge of organizational policies and business processes, and assist with project estimation, Commercial off the Shelf and SaaS tool selection.
- Support implementation of portfolio management strategy, including Project Oversight Committee support, portfolio data accuracy, and project dashboard communication to the OF.
- Support the OF's diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of the project management discipline by engaging with the FHLBanks PMO Working Group and maintaining knowledge of industry standards.
- Assist with PMO audits.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across multiple levels of the organization in an inclusive work environment.
- Assist with other job duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in management, engineering, IT, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in a project manager role, preferably in a financial institution.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of demonstrated large, complex IT project management experience utilizing Microsoft Project or an equivalent tool.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering complex IT Projects in a fast- paced environment.
- Self-motivated and action-orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and follow up on issues with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and project team members without direct authority.
- Experience in traditional waterfall and agile project delivery methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, and collaborate with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Business Analysis experience preferred.
- Knowledge of capital markets/financial reporting preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.