Senior Business Analyst
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions and maps, use cases, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, etc.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from granular information to ensure strategic alignment and distinguish user requests from true needs.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal resources to analyze business process needs and functional requirements and deliver analysis on the following artifacts as needed:
- Functional requirements, ie Business requirements documentation
- A method of detailing requirements, such as Use Cases
- GUI prototypes, screen shots, etc.
- Proactively suggest process improvement where the opportunity exists for optimization.
- Providing process re-engineering and improvement support across the organization.
- Gathering, documenting, analysing, tracing and managing requirements based on business needs. Creating relevant diagrams as needed.
- Developing business requirements and translating them to succinct, measurable, and clearly worded functional/technical requirements and specifications.
- Acting as a liaison between business owners and technology resources for development of new products/toolsets and ongoing maintenance of existing products/toolsets.
- Facilitating meetings, working sessions and workshops.
- Creating strong working relationships with business and IT groups.
- Maintaining project documentation in an orderly and accessible manner.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- 8 - 10+ years experience in a Business Analyst role
- Proficiency in business analysis and process modelling
- Ability to conceptualize, think creatively and articulate vision
- Ability to communicate business concepts to technical staff and technical concepts to business staff
- Ability to communicate at various staff levels.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to serve as a change agent within the organization
- Professional, service-oriented demeanor
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong team-building skills