Service Manager/Coordinator - IBM Z/OS, DBAs, CICS/MQ, Z/OS
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by HW Search & Selection
A well known Public Sector organisation has a long term Contract opportunity for a Service Manager/Coordinator to have some of the following responsibilities;
- Lead and manage 8 teams of DBAs, CICS/MQ, Z/OS systems, Network/Security and Elastic Search experts in order to achieve customer requirements and provide resolution to technical issues.
- The Manager will also assist with technical improvements and innovations across various systems and applications in an IBM Z/OS (DB2, CICS), Linux/Unix (DB2, MQ, MONGO, Oracle, Elastic Search) and Windows (MSSQL) environments.
- Manage the service/change request process, including related communications, project plan adjustments, and resource allocation.
- Manage information for senior management, monitoring problem trends, creating problem reports and presentations.
- Reviews team capacity, utilization and productivity and recognizes opportunities for improvement to procedures, methods and tasks.
This is a long term contract and you are not required to have strong technical skills, though ideally you will have experience in IBM applications and management skills.
Please forward your CV urgently.