Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
Employees are expected to support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies of the company, including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
- Learn the company's manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support to production.
- Lead or participate in projects, working closely with Production, Maintenance and Quality departments to implement the required changes to stabilise and improve processes. Goals include reducing defects, increasing efficiencies and increasing process uptime.
- Employ Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies such as process mapping, control charting, as appropriate in project work.
- Monitor manufacturing activities, measure significant process characteristics and analyse variation in order to detect and reduce waste/scrap. Support the manufacturing process by taking corrective and preventative action on production delays and deviations.
- Project management using standard Integer methodology.
- Transfer of automation and new process projects to production, both within and between sites.
- Transfer of New Products to production, both within and between sites.
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes.
- Process and product validation.
- Process/layout design and implementation.
- Develop and support related documentation: - ECO generation to introduce changes and maintain DMR documentation.
Skills And Knowledge
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout.
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
Minimum Education And Experience Requirements
- College graduate with degree in Engineering
- 2-3 years experience within a manufacturing environment
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales