Senior Applications Monitoring Engineer
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Applications Monitoring Engineer. This individual will be doing Splunk Monitoring Engineering. They need to have a programming background with .NET or Java. For this role, our client is looking for someone with 4+ years of monitoring/supporting experience in a large enterprise environment. This role will provide Splunk monitoring subject matter expertise and main point of contact for the agency solutions and consumer technology supported applications. They will guide and lead in the design monitoring deliverables of systems analysts and developers.
- Provide Splunk monitoring subject matter expertise and main point of contact for Agency Solutions and Consumer Technology supported applications.
- Capture applications baseline performance deviations and implement proactive Splunk monitoring and alerting of production systems
- Leverage monitoring tools (such as Splunk/Dynatrace) and capabilities to find root cause for incident and problem management.
- Provides 24 x 7 support as needed.
- Drive operational implementation of monitoring capabilities, dashboards and improvements.
- Lead efforts capturing reporting requirements, develop system performance, capacity and key business transactions reports-dashboards by leveraging approved tools and processes to maintain operational availability of delivered solutions
- Leverage a predictive analytic approach to identify and mitigate issues before they have material impact to our application consumers.
- Identify, recommend and lead performance tuning and monitoring enhancement opportunities.
- Guide and lead in the design monitoring deliverables of Systems Analysts and Developers.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and trace the high level technical design and system architecture that meets business and/or functional requirements.
- Responsible for implementing identified roadmaps, leading design reviews, and performing analysis for one or more applications
- Identify systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for business-critical monitoring projects.
- Consult with Business Analysts to effectively deliver business value operational designs for high complexity projects.
- Facilitate design reviews, document system impacts between releases, and conduct technical walkthroughs.
- Provide technical input and act as point-of-contact during architectural assessments for area applications.
- For high complexity projects, validate code to designs and requirements. Participate and facilitate monitoring solutions walkthroughs, inspections, and reviews.
- This role requires a strong understanding of Splunk as well as proven understanding of software applications/code.
- Bachelors College degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years monitoring/support experience in a large enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of .NET and JAVA Applications and Development
- Source Code Management concepts
- Working knowledge of Data Science, Statistical & Predictive Analysis, Quantitative Research and Analytics
- Loadrunner Performance Testing & Tuning experience a plus