Internal Audit Manager
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Internal Audit Manager.
This role is revolved around public accounting, risk management, and internal audit. This audit team will focus on areas like securities trading desks, treasury and debt functions, middle and Back Office functions, market risk management, liquidity risk management, and counter-party and credit risk management. For this role, knowledge of financial services industry and secondary mortgage markets is key. Required for this role is a CIA, CRMA, or CPA certification.
- Supervise the day-to-day oversight of individual audit
- Create a risk and control Matrix
- Identify deficiencies in the control design and operating effectiveness provide solutions, draft report and participate in the reporting process
- Perform testing of controls
- Lead client meetings and communicate audit findings
- Manage resource allocation and scheduling
- Management and audit committee reporting
- Assist with the annual planning process
- Typically has 8 to 12 years of experience, including previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and the secondary mortgage markets.
- Proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments.
- Experience conducting audits in Risk Management.
- Experience in managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationship and rapport with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires CIA, CRMA or CPA certification
Keys to Success in This Role:
- Solid understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments.
- Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals
- Having a good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management and the COSO framework is critical for success in this role
- Advanced degree
- Financial Institution or Big 4 advisory experience
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.