Global Security SOC Technical Lead
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Global Security SOC Technical Lead. This role is revolved around directing the technical response to activities concerning the incident handling team. This person will guide the team by providing strategy to deal with incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics. This person should have 10+ years of experience working in information security and or cyber incident investigations.
- Ownership of the procedural critical incident plan
- Ownership and maintenance of the incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics training program for Company teams
- Be a champion for incident handling services and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team's services, education of security best practices, and integration with other business areas.
- Serve as technical point of contact for new technologies to be used by the Global Security Fusion Center teams, with emphasis on incident handling and forensics
- Work with teams within and outside of information security as needed to provide guidance and oversight of technologies that may need to be used by the personnel of the incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics teams to accomplish their responsibilities
- Closely support and collaborate with other Cyber Security Operations teams
- Provide leadership on critical incidents as needed
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for incident handing, incident response, and digital forensics within cloud solutions.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members with regard to incident handling techniques, incident investigation and case reporting procedures, digital forensic techniques, incident and threat research, and career development.
- Continuously develop training exercises for the incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics teams
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 10+ years' experience in information security and/or cyber incident investigations
- 5+ years' experience in network security
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices for information security and cyber security operations
- Advanced experience in incident response
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Experience guiding and coaching others in subject matter
Security Certifications Preferred (Including but not limited to the following certifications):
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
- Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)
- Certified Expert penetration tester (CEPT)
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc)