Cloud DevOps Engineer
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Cloud DevOps Engineer
My clients team are responsible for building and managing both the front and Back End. This means that they can quickly create new functionalities and keep them in production, ie: "You build it you run it!". There is a lot of freedom to experiment with new technologies.
Contract duration is for 12 months, with the option to extend for a further 12 months. I have an ideal start date of February, with some flexibility.
- Set up, manage and improve the cloud platform on which the Client's app APIs run
- Participating in and thinking about architectural choices and implementations
- Increase the reliability and safety of our systems
- Improve CI/CD process
- Put number one on the customer
You'll be joining the Mobility lab (M-lab) in Utrecht Central where they work together on mobile innovations. The team is a standalone team consisting of: 3 Backend developers, 1 iOS full-stack developer, 1 iOS Front End developer, 2 Android full-stack developers, 1 Android Front End developer, 2 Designers/UX, a QA'er, a Community Manager and the Product Owner.
Within the M-lab, they brainstorm about beautiful solutions, work hard together and pioneer in their own field, and beyond. And of course you are also doing what you love to do: setting up and managing their cloud platform.
All this happens in an informal atmosphere where besides working hard, there is also room for a game of table football and lunch together.
- 5 years of experience in software development and development
- 2 years of experience with CI/CD
- Extensive experience with the AWS services, experience with Azure is an advantage
- Specific knowledge of: Beanstalk, Cloudfront, S3, RDS, Cloudformation, Elasticache, Route53, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Fargate, SQS and security groups
- Knowledge of networks: (load balancing, Firewalls, protocols, VPN, routing, DNS)
- Experience with monitoring tools and logging, dashboards
- Experience with automation and Scripting
- Experience with API's for mobile apps
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with automatic scaling up
In addition, it is a pre:
- If you have experience with Java, Kotlin and REST APIs
- If you have knowledge of Spring (Spring DI, Spring Security, Spring Boot) and Spring Webflux
- If you have experience with the tools, Linux, Git and Shel/AWS CLI
If sounds like an interesting project and you believe to be a good match, please send in your CV to apply, feel free to contact me directly should you like to go over more details before applying.