Business System Analyst Transactional Finance
Posted on Jan 11, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Kaisergaust we are looking for a Business System Analyst Transactional Finance for a 12 month contract.
80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we have become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other's differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, we have ambitious plans to keep learning and growing and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves. The headquarters in Basel is one of largest sites. It is home to the Corporate Executive Committee, the Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics Divisions and the global business functions. Basel also covers the entire business chain from research, development and production through to marketing. Over 8,000 people from more than 60 countries work at the site.
Within the recently formed ERP Organisation, the areas of Global Finance and Procurement have been combined to ensure full end-to-end accountability as well as a streamlined connection to our business partners. The newly formed team of ERP Finance and Procurement is organized according to process domains and there is a great opportunity to join one of these teams - Transactional Finance. The Transactional Finance Team provides global projects, solutions and services, SAP and non-SAP, working closely with the Group and Divisional Finance functions. In this role of a Business System Analyst, you will be accountable for delivering solutions to Transactional Finance business unit, overseeing and performing all analysis and conceptual activities. In collaboration with our Business and IT stakeholders, you will enhance and develop new features as per business requirements, in accordance with Finance and Procurement Solutions Portfolio. You will be working as part of a team of IT professionals located primarily in Switzerland (Kaiseraugst) and work closely with the IT Solution Centre in Poland, and coordinate external resources as needed.
The perfect candidate is a very hands-on personality with strong communications skills in English and used to work in an interface position between Business and IT in a global organization.
Start date: 27.01.2020
Latest start date: 01.02.2020
End date: 31.12.2020
Extension: Extension possible
Work location: Kaiseraugst
Remote: max. 1 day per week (Friday)/prior approval needed
Team: 10 (System Analysts, Business Analysts, Project Manager)
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Capture business requirements and develop a detailed understanding of processes and operations surrounding them.
* Contribute to project work-streams and deliverables, and sometimes taking the lead.
* Work closely with the business partners to ensure continuous business and IT alignment.
* Act as a subject matter expert, working closely with the business process managers (BPMs) in the finance area to identify opportunities and drive standardization and continuous improvement
* Able to quickly learn into new concepts and systems.
* Provide architectural services, guidance and conceptual design in projects and operations, taking into consideration the technology trends.
* Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate ideas for process improvements.
* Provide content knowledge and utilize problem solving skills for complex issues, and provide guidance to Operational teams where needed.
* 5y+ experience in delivering Finance solutions with in depth knowledge and hands-on experience in SAP ERP (SAP FICO), focused on Accounts Payable/Receivable, Cost center accounting and Treasury (*)
* Proven experience in coordinating Finance solutions implementations in a global environment/in a Matrix organization (*)
* Knowledge and understanding of Ariba Network integration (*)
* Expert in Project Management Methodology (AGILE) with experience on resource planning (*)
* Experience in analysing and documenting of business needs and the translation into IT language (Development Team) (*)
* Knowledge of Finance business processes and its interdependence with other business areas.
* Understanding of the source to pay end-to-end process.
* Understanding cross-functional process flow, data and Dependencies supported by Systems.
* Experience conducting/leading requirements and design sessions with business process owners.
* Strong analytical thinking, result-oriented team player and ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
* Demonstrated experience making critical analysis to support decision-making.
* Proven experience in building and growing stakeholder partnerships, focusing on the fundamentals of reliability and credibility. Ability to establish a solid network and work effectively across organizational boundaries.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with fluent English.
Nice to Haves
* BA/BS Degree in Informatics or related fields, relevant business discipline
* Understanding of cloud-based applications design
* Knowledge of S/4 HANA
For more information please contact Barbara Tenerowicz:
E: (see below)