NoSQL DBA (AL)
Posted on Jan 10, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Tremendous opportunity for a NoSQL DBA to join a dynamic technology and services company to take them to the next level.
Currently we are using DynamoDB for new development projects and considering using Aurora as well. Our Legacy applications are on SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
You will spend 60% of your time on Data Design and 40% on DBA administration duties. We are in the process of doing rewrite of all of our products and moving to AWS.
You will be responsible for database design, implementing database solutions (data models, data table structures, forms, reports and queries), collaborating with development team to implement changes, database monitoring, developing policies and procedures, diagnosing and resolving performance issues, backup and recovery, and special projects.
This is a direct hire position based in Birmingham. Fantastic company culture and work environment. Great benefits including 401k match, bonuses, opportunity to telecommute up to two days a week after you get established, and flexible hours. We will consider assisting with relocation expenses for out of town candidates and sponsorship.
- 4+ years of DBA experience
- NoSQL experience
- Strong data design experience
- Transactional Data Warehouse experience
- Data Modeling
- Stored procedure development
- Performance tuning
- Experience managing a database environment with data residing at multiple locations and databases
- Passion for technology and learning
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to learn and work with new technologies and databases
- Ability to be on call and work off hours and weekends
- SQL Server