Posted on Jan 10, 2020 by ITech Consult
Our client provides management and support services to circa 23 programmes in the areas of Social Inclusion and Equality, Inclusive Employment and Enterprise, and Early Years and Young People.
The successful candidate will report to the Business Systems Development Manager, the role will focus on supporting and facilitating the effective implementation of ICT Business Systems. The role will incorporate testing activities within our client's Software Development Life Cycle. There will be a focus on test planning, test execution, issue resolution and test status reporting. Collaborating with the existing teams and external stakeholders will also be a key aspect of the role.
* Work closely with Business Analysts to ensure the needs of users are met
* Analyse functional requirements in order to assist with the development of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts;
* Collaborate with the development team to support the resolution of defects
Testing and QA
* Define test strategies and test plans that drive a best-practice approach to software testing
* Manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive system testing methodology to included functional system testing, integration testing and User Acceptance Testing
* Facilitate and run workshops to support test activities, including User Acceptance Testing
* Define and manage the Defect Management Process to be implemented for each project
* Support the execution of tests and the associated defect management process
* Support the Change Management process and definition of change requirements
* Provide clear weekly updates on testing progress to a wide stakeholder audience
* Identify, raise and manage risks associated with testing phase of projects.
* Engage with the relevant stakeholders for all test related activities
* Manage delivery and communication of all defect-related reports & metrics
* Ensure a clear focus is always maintained on the end user and business requirements
* Adopt a continuous improvement approach to systems testing and defect resolution
* Review release notes prepared by the development team
* If required, perform smoke test sufficient to pass deployment to Production
* Communicate release management with the Business Owners
* Work closely with Project Manager to ensure the needs of users are met.
* Assist the transition and handover from "Project" to software support
* Manage the RAID log for entries relating to System Test and Defect Management
* Ensure the required data is present/configured to support tests.
* Ensure that proposed solutions adhere to our client's software application roadmap
* Work with the Business Systems team to ensure that ICT delivered systems can continue to operate in case of serious incidents or disasters and is able to recover to an operational state within a reasonably short period. Verify that critical business functions and the supporting infrastructure is delivered in such a way that they are materially unaffected by disruptions (Resilience), that arrangements have to be made to recover or restore critical business functions that fail (Recovery) and that our client has a general capability and readiness to cope effectively with whatever major incidents or disasters that may occur (Contingency).
* Any other duties that may be assigned by the Business Systems Development Manager as appropriate to the position.
* 4+ years managerial experience with a specific emphasis on Software/System Testing
* Proven experience and knowledge of project management and core business consulting skills, including the Software Development Life Cycle
* Proven experience of defining test strategies and test plans
* Proven experience of managing end to end system test activities
* Extensive people management skills
* Strong stakeholder/vendor management skills
* Proven track record in process analysis, design and ICT implementation
* Effective problem solver with the ability to pre-empt potential issues and to learn quickly and find solutions
* Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
* Excellent ability to develop IT solutions based on business need and requirements
* Communication, Teamwork, Analytical Skills, Project Management, Problem solving & decision making
* Customer Service & Support, Building & Maintaining Relationships, Results Driven, Flexibility & Adaptability, Organisation Awareness
Nice to Have(s):
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Products (SharePoint/Dynamics CRM)
* Awareness of ICT industry trends and new approaches to ICT implementation (ie Cloud)
* Knowledge of Information security systems and Data Protection
* Excellent understanding of the role/objectives of Pobal, key business issues, its challenges, etc.
* Knowledge of the workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
* An understanding of the Irish language
Reference No.: 918878FK
Role: Test Manager
Industry: Non Profit
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: FTC