Temp-to-Hire Legal Assistant
Posted on Jan 9, 2020 by WatCam
One of Akron's finest law firms is seeking a Temp-to-Perm Legal Assistant for a pair of attorneys looking for an assistant who wants to be part of a team. Amazing opportunity to work with senior partners in a fantastic firm.
* Preparing and filing documents in various courts including state, federal and BWC.
* Assisting in the preparation, assembly, production, and tracking of discovery requests and responses.
* Assisting in deposition and trial preparation as needed.
*Transcription, drafting, and editing of correspondence, memoranda, motions, and briefs.
* Manage all administrative tasks for multiple attorneys simultaneously (client intake, expense reimbursements, billing, etc.).
* Effectively screen and prioritize requests for meetings and calls and schedule accordingly.
* Coordinate trips and manage complex logistics for same.
5+ years of legal assistant experience, preferably with 2+ years of domestic relations and/or worker's compensation experience, required in addition to solid MS Office skills. Ability to juggle busy attorneys with very busy practices and multi-task is a must.