Posted on Jan 9, 2020 by OHES Environmental
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 per annum
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with a degree of flexibility around start and finish times.
About the Company:
OHES Environmental Consultancy , part of the Adler and Allan group, are currently looking for an Environmental Consultant based in the South West to join the group.
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
Environmental Consultant Responsibilities:
* Project management with close support/training from the regional team, finance and consultancy support teams.
* Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with scope including communication with relevant parties.
* Site investigation design.
* Supervise site investigations, remediation works and verification/validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
* Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
* Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
* With close support from line management, prepare reports including:
* Preliminary Risk Assessments
* Interpretive site investigation reports
* Site verification/validation reports.
* Control and take responsibility for project financials.
* Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
* Perform other duties as required by the consultancy division and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
Environmental Consultant Requirements:
* Degree in a relevant earth science or geo-environmental related discipline and ideally some professional qualifications while working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation
* At least 2 years' experience in an Environmental Consultancy role
* Knowledge of the available site investigation techniques, and experience supervising a variety of them, particularly the available drilling techniques.
* Experience of working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit.
* Working knowledge of relevant environmental guidance, regulation and legislation.
* Proficiency in logging soil / rock in accordan
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £28k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual