Posted on Jan 9, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. DevOps Site Reliability Engineer. For this role, a great candidate will need a strong DevOps/SRE background with strong development or Scripting background using Bash, Ruby, Python, or Perl. They will need strong Linux platform experience and have strong knowledge of SaaS environment as well as experience with system management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible. Also they want someone with experience with Docker and containerization.
- At least 3 years of development operations and/or application development experience, including demonstrated experience in a SaaS environment.
- Proven experience performing root cause analysis and advanced troubleshooting
- Experience with systems management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and concepts of configuration management in a large-scale environment
- Strong experience supporting customer-facing applications on a Linux platform
- Practical knowledge of at least one Scripting language (Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience operating SQL and NoSQL data stores in a high throughput, high availability, low latency environment
- Experience with capacity planning practices or methodologies
- Familiarity with Java debugging tools
- Familiarity with operating software based on Spring Cloud and/or associated components
- Experience operating Apache Cassandra, Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr or Katta in a production environment
- Experience operating containers (Docker, rkt) in a production setting
- Experience using Kubernetes, Marathon, Docker Swarm or another container orchestration platform
- Experience troubleshooting and/or building systems in the JVM