Principal Scientist - Antibody Discovery
Posted on Jan 9, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Munich
Leading Biotech company with astonishing growth plans for 2020
As part of this expansion, we are seeking a high stature Principal Scientist
I am currently recruiting for a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
My client is constructing a subsidiary research division to innovate next generation of bi/multispecific antibodies, diseases of the immuno-oncology and hematopoietic system. At present they have built a new GMP facility, that will manufacture clinical stage molecules for either further development or to in-license. There's currently several assets in phases I - IIb and you will develop these further, fit for market approval.
We are looking for a Principal Scientist with expertise in Antibody Rational Design.
- Lead/participate in the design, characterization and developability of bi/multispecific antibodies
- Participate in the development of innovative solutions to engineer and characterize antibodies and novel antibody formats
- Lead/participate in Fc engineering projects
- Support team to address complex processes and transition leads for industrialization
- Accomplish goals under project team timelines
- Interface with multiple discovery project and Matrix teams across the organization
- Effectively manage projects and resources to maximize progress
- Effectively communicate research progress and opportunities to senior management
- Support publications in high-tier journals and present at international meetings
- Support a culture that embraces scientific excellence, continuous learning, and increasing team's ability to deliver novel drug candidates.
Education and Desired Experience:
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Structural Biology or related fields with at least 5 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Hands-on experience with making T cell and/or other immune cell engagers is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience in protein engineering, protein expression, protein-protein interaction techniques, protein structure, and biophysical methods. Experience with Fc engineering is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in managing research technicians
- Demonstrated experience with bioinformatics techniques and 3D structure visualization softwares
- Experience in 3D antibody modelling is a plus
- Ability to work with flexibility in a changing and demanding environment
- Demonstrated success with problem analysis/solving, anticipation and proactivity
- Strong sense of discipline and initiative, exceptional planning and organization skills and an hands-on approach to work
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Kontakt: Luchele Mendes
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.