Site Service Specialist - Geel, Belgium
Posted on Jan 9, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Site Service Specialist | Geel, Belgium | 6 months contract to hire
The candidate will work in a team environment with a collaborative approach to resolving customer problems and supporting other members of the Site Services department. The candidate will also provide hands-on support to other IT teams including but not limited to Audio Visual, Network, Server and print services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Site Service Specialist role:
- Researches, resolves and responds to complex questions received via telephone calls or escalations, and provides support on services in accordance with current standards. Follows up with the user to ensure the problem is resolved satisfactorily.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Develops and provides technical coaching and mentoring to other desktop services staff and company associates.
- May act as product liaison for major products, working with other areas of IT, other departments and third-party vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
- Installs new or upgraded hardware/software as assigned via service requests. Coordinates installation with the user and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to manually lift up to thirty (30) pounds when moving and repositioning personal computers and ancillary equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of customer incidents and tasks to meet agreed-upon service levels.
- Demonstrate initiative and act independently to resolve problems.
- Participate as a member of the rotating IT on-call team that provides 24-hour support to internal customers. Not all sites require on-call participation.
- Participate in team projects as requested.
Skills and Abilities for the Site Service Specialist role:
- Customer-focused - Customer is #1 Attitude
- Personal accountability for results
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High integrity
- Minimum of 2 years' technical experience in providing Deskside Support
- PC hardware repair (Dell/HP), Windows system support, OS X Support
- Software installation/troubleshooting
- Performing Tech Refresh
- Mobile device support (iOS/iPhone/iPads) - excluding warranty hardware repair
- Asset tracking
- Stock room management
- Basic support in Video conferencing equipment
- Must have experience in working with third-party client managed mobile applications.
- Experience in Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management. ( iPhone an MDM, MAM, d Android )
- Hands-on Experience in Server Side maintenance like upgrading and patching activities.
- Candidate should have knowledge over MS Access, ServiceNow, SQL Server.
- Experience in working on Intune and Blackberry UEM.
Shortlisting immediately - phone interview today!
This role is suitable for an L2, Desktop Technician who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration now!