INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINIST (WEBBING SLINGS)
Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by Samson Lifting (UK) Ltd
Sewing of lifting and load restraint webbing slings/assemblies. Experience would be preferred but training can be offered
This is a full time position but we would consider part time.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting materials.
* Prepares machine by changing needles and thread; securing attachments.
* Approves materials by inspecting materials for flaws.
* Adjusts machine performance on material by observing machine operation; detecting malfunctions; adjusting settings.
* Maintains quality by inspecting finished product.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
Qualifications and Skills
Manufacturing Quality, Manufacturing Experience, Problem Solving, Judgement, Job Knowledge
Company contribution pension scheme after 3 months
20 days (+ Bank Holidays) per year rising by 1 day per year (up to a maximum of 25) after completion of 2 years continuous service (Pro-rata if part time)
Job Types: Full-time, part time