Big Data/Back-End Software Engineer - Malmö - Contract
Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by Parallel Consulting
In this role you'll be responsible for building Spark and Play based systems that power the data pipeline for multiple key features of the client's large geospatial data. You'll develop algorithms to match, conflate, identify anomalies, as well as improve the simplicity, scale, and efficiency of their systems to handle more sources and map features, as well as improve the freshness of their maps.
- Identify requirements of new features, and propose design and solution
- Implement features in a suitable programming language
- Take ownership of delivering features and improvements on time
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience from Scala and/or Java
- Professional experience working with Spark and Play Scala application framework
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Extra Merit Qualifications
- Hadoop MapReduce
- Ability to design and implement APIs and REST services
- Experience in big data ETL and data streaming
- NoSQL Databases
- Experience with GIS, Geographical Data and Toolkits such as JTS, ArcGIS, QGIS, OpenJump etc.
All consultants must have right to work and residency in Sweden before applying!
Parallel Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.