Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Our client in Zurich is looking for a Fullstack Engineer (Systems Engineer) for a 6 month project. The details of the role are the following...
Job Description: Overview of business area or project:
The Portfolio Solutions department owns applications and software components that are used by front facing employees (eg, relationship managers, investment consultants) in the context of the advisory process as well as portfolio construction, analysis and monitoring. Additionally, these capabilities are being increasingly exposed also to end-clients.
This role will be part of one of the project teams that delivers new and/or enhanced functionalities for these applications/components.
- Implement high quality, reusable and well tested software solutions (Front End as well as Back End)
- Build new functionalities and extend the existing application(s)
- Work closely with our business colleagues as well as other disciplines (eg, requirement engineers) to elaborate technical solutions out of the requirements
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Write high quality technical documentation
- Support other team members (eg, requirements engineering, testing) when needed
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
The IT projects in the Portfolio Solutions department are lead and implemented by several delivery teams (some located onsite in Zurich and other located offshore). Each team consists of 7 to 10 team members and is independent, covering all the disciplines, from requirement engineering, to development, until testing. The delivery teams are supported by a central infrastructure team and by the program leads.
This role will be part of one of our onsite delivery teams.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- The complexity and very dynamic nature of the projects in our area require a fast adaptation attitude
- The chance (but also the challenge) to work closely with business representatives to shape new business solutions
- Deliver high quality software solutions coping with challenging timelines and a dynamic environment
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Java (Java EE) development skills (2 years +) (enterprise context is a plus)
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented programming patterns and principles
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Experienced with RESTful web services
- Experience of best-practices in an enterprise development environment (eg, test-driven development, continuous integration, source code control)
- Knowledgeable in AngularJS/Angular 2+ (Typescript and Angular 2+ is a very strong plus)
- Familiar with the multi-browser and multi-device programming and debugging
- Bachelor or Master in Information Technology or Engineering
- Excellent abstract and analytical thinking plus problem solving skills
- A self-starter, being able to take ownership of tasks on short-notice and work under pressure
- Excellent team player
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), German is a plus
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Be a dynamic, result/goal oriented individual who can handle an exciting environment and react quickly to changing client needs
- Banking know-how: financial Instruments, portfolio theory, portfolio management processes, advisory process and regulations (eg, MiFiD II)
- Proven experience on large projects and on large scale, performance sensitive software systems
- Performance analysis and tuning skill set (UI as well as Back End)
Candidate Value Proposition:
Get the opportunity to work in a very dynamic and challenging environment, as well as directly contribute to the creation of the next generation digital capabilities in the financial sector, especially in the area of portfolio solutions and advisory services. Additionally, work together with motivated and talented colleagues to lead the transition of the bank towards the usage of state of the art technologies.
If you would like to know more about the role, feel free to apply. I look forward to receiving your CV.