Oracle Databse Engineer
Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by Applause IT Ltd
Nature of services
Operations and support, security and continuity: Analysis, definition, design, integration, implementation, test, deployment, maintenance, support.
The following list of tasks applies to this reference profile. This list is not exhaustive and may evolve in time, also depending on the type of assignment:
- Analysis and specification of operational requirements
- Analysis and specification of operational processes
- Analysis and specification of technical requirements
- Proofs of concept
- Development of scripts to automate and monitor recurrent systems related tasks
- Definition of test strategies, test design and testing of computing systems and networks
- Performance management
- Change and Configuration management (eg, assessment, scheduling, implementation, review)
- Capacity management
- Risk management
- Operational support (2nd tier)
- Installation and configuration of all relevant hardware and software
- Daily monitoring
- Incident and Problem Management (eg trouble ticketing, fault analysis, diagnosis, and resolution)
- Coordination with 3rd party maintenance contractors
- Technical assessment of technologies and related products
- All types of technical documentation, operational guidelines and procedures
- Technical training and guidance
Database systems (Oracle or MS-SQL)
- Evaluation, design, implementation and monitoring of database security, including database user management and follow-up
- Elaboration of operational database guidelines and procedures.
- Technical database change and configuration management activities.
- Assist developers to make efficient use of the database.
- Physical implementation of databases, including creating and managing specific database storage structures, and watching and predicting database growth
- Implement high-availability solutions (clusters, log shipping).
- Liaise with backup engineers for database backups and restores.
- Conception and implementation of disaster/recovery solutions.
- Follow-up database tasks, jobs and routines
- Monitoring and managing database performance
Diagnose, repair errors or failures linked to database technology
Specific practice (mandatory): Design, integration, deployment and operation of Oracle database solutions
Languages: ENG C1 or FR C1