Big Data Developer - Data Warehousing - Java/Scala/Bash
Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Big Data Developer - Data Warehousing - Java/Scala/Bash vacancy requiring profound Python or Scala knowledge for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- 4+ years of experience with Java or Scala programming languages and confidence in Bash Scripting - Python is a plus
- You have experience building data warehousing and analytics solutions using one of the major Hadoop distributions and various ecosystem components (eg HDFS, Impala, Spark, Flink, Flume, Kafka, etc.).
- Relevant experience with IT-Security in a Hadoop environment
- Experience within Big Data platforms such as Cloudera or Hortonworks paired with some basic project management skills are a plus
- Know-how of Datamodelling and SQL paired with a background in building production data pipelines using Spark, Spark Streaming and Flink technologies
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Developing software components responsible for acquiring end-of-day and intraday data and for data flows involving joins between these data sets
- Elaborating architecture of the solution with the use of latest technologies available in the bank
- Proactively participating in the design and technology review of the software components developed
- Working to streamline development and to enhance software performance
- Cooperating with platform management and other team members, preparing the releases and delivering the applications to production
- Contributing to integration testing both automated and manual
- Providing 3rd level support with solving incidents regarding the Production system
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.