Splunk Engineer - SIEM/Python/UNIX/Linux
Posted on Jan 6, 2020 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Splunk Engineer - SIEM/Python/UNIX/Linux vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- 4+ years of work experience in the IT security sector
- Extensive Splunk experience and
- Strong background with IT security concepts, market direction and best practices plus familiarity with Linux and Unix engineering and Syslog
- Skillset including outstanding knowledge and experience with SIEM Systems and the ability to create and implement custom parser
- Know-how of TCP/IP protocols and network traffic while also experience with cyber security, big data technologies, SOC operations, forensic analytical studies, security threats and countermeasures
- University Degree in Information Security or in a similar field paired with up-to-date security technology or SIEM technology certificates
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Collaborating with Threat Analysts and the general Analyst team to increase proactive defense posture and SOC alerting
- Managing and guiding SOC analysts referring to technologies, alerts, instructions and leadership
- Assisting with component infrastructure support and conducting health checks and consistent maintenance tasks
- Establishing, adapting and archiving log sources plus documenting and clarifying alert use-cases for all needed components such as alarms, watchlists, reporting and correlating data
- Coordinating and running regular technical change requests like alert modifications, security patches, software releases and IOC updates
- Updating and improving current alert framework and client custom framework and triaging SOC alert influxes, enterprise failures and reconfigurations
- Analysing up-to-date industry issues, trends, managed technologies and SIEM products paired with communicating with all Teams involved in assigned duties
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.