Posted on Jan 4, 2020 by 2buy2
- Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
- Salary: Competitive
- Status: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Developer to join a high performing IT team due to an exciting period of growth in 2buy2.
2buy2 provides procurement services to the Education sector, Charity and Faith organisations and Businesses throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs. Our highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all our clients.
What 2buy2 wants from our Software Developer:
You'll be playing a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. The programs you create will help the organisation be more efficient and provide a better service.
You will be responsible for writing and coding individual programmes or providing an entirely new software resource and the projects you work on are likely to be highly varied.
Sometimes you may also use 'off the shelf' software, requiring you to modify and integrate this into an existing network to meet the needs of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Analyse user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- An understanding of business
- Analytical and commercial experience
- Ability to remain flexible when managing multiple tasks
What we can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary we are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get:
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Further enhanced leave e.g. for long term service
- 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
- An annual opportunity to donate a portion of the organisation's profits to a charity of your choice
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private Health Assurance (post probation)
- Employee Assistance Program membership (post probation)
- Opportunities for further professional development
- On site gym and subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Other benefits
To apply for this Software Developer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£26k - £33k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£10.5 - £10.5 Hourly
£35k - £35k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual