Web Service Engineer IIS
Posted on Jan 4, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a System Administrator IIS. This will be a contract to hire position. This role will be the subject matter expert for IIS system administration and will support the company's E-commerce web and Internet applications. For this role you need to have 5+ years of working experience with IIS administration, installation, and configuration as well as experience with IIS Log analysis. The dress code for this company is dress shirt and tie for men, dress or suite for women. A degree is a must for this position.
- Act as SME for IIS system administration and support for Company's E-commerce web and Intranet applications.
- Manage web services, 3rd party SSL certificates and general server configurations, including installing patches and web server security.
- Perform in-depth technical root cause analysis for high priority issues within IIS.
- Provide tuning recommendations to resolve complex performance issues (response time, throughput, etc.).
- Provide input and insight to the architecture and build process for setting up and configuring web services.
- Plan and implement upgrades and migration strategies for IIS.
- Assist in performing periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- Set standards for the configurations of new applications.
- Assist with automating and improving the application release process.
- Assist in continuous integration and deployment pipeline setup and configuration.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years experience in IIS administration, installation and configuration.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with general Windows Server administration tasks.
- Experience with IIS log analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting tools like Dynatrace, IIS Tracer, Debug Diagnostics and Log Parser.
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012, load balancers, general networking and Firewall concepts.
- Experience designing and architecting web Servers, which includes clustering and/or load balancing technologies.
- Experience with website performance tuning, monitoring and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and practices.