Posted on Jan 4, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Network Engineer. This role is revolved around monitoring and maintaining existing network infrastructure troubleshoot network issues, and ensure optimal network behavior. This role requires extensive experience with Cisco infrastructure administration and dealing with Cisco Routers and Switches. A great candidate for this position will possess a good understanding of LAN/WAN and should have a great understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals. This person will deal with network security and any knowledge of VOIP is a plus as well.
- Administer and manage the network infrastructure. This includes planning, designing, configuring, installing, documenting, monitoring, and supporting asset management processes.
- Maintain highly available systems. The Network Engineer is an essential staff member, and is expected to be on-call for emergency issues at all times. Scheduled outages for maintenance or upgrades must occur during maintenance windows which may require evening, night, and weekend work.
- Administer the Internet-facing Cisco Routers at the various Company locations, including peering relationships with the Company's Internet Service Providers.
- Monitor and maintain existing network infrastructure, troubleshoot network issues, and ensure optimal network behavior.
- Monitor and maintain network security in compliance with Company IT Security Policy and Security standards.
- Accept ownership of the network environment at the Company, including the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of network devices.
- Monitor network utilization and plan network capacity upgrades and enhancements as required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot internal and external Voice-over-IP issues
- Monitor and maintain telecom endpoints including turrets, conference phones, and desk phones.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telephone and data circuits by carriers and service providers.
- Manage telecommunications hosted service and provider.
- Serve as first point-of-contact for all carriers and service providers.
- Ensure all escalation lists used by carriers and service providers are accurate on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate activities by vendors on third-party network infrastructure and externally-managed network assets.
- Work with vendors, analyze appropriate product offerings, and develop new products and services as required by the business units.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience with Cisco infrastructure administration.
- Minimum of two years of experience administering telecommunication systems in an office environment.
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA,CCDP,CCNP ) or equivalent job/training experience required, most recent responsibilities showing a progression to that of a Tier 3 Support Engineer (or similar capacity).
- Strong understanding of Local & Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) and should possess a firm grasp of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.) required.
- Experience with Voice-over-IP protocols (such as SIP, H.323, RTP/SRTP) required.
- Understanding of Firewall technologies, VPN management, and Network Intrusion detection systems preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Model required, specifically in incident and change management.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.