Junior System Administrator
Posted on Jan 4, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Junior System Administrator. This is for a go getter that is ready for an entry level position as a system administrator. They are looking for someone who is degreed and has 1-3 years of experience. They will be working on 80% Front End user support and 20% of the time on Back End. They will work on Linux and Windows workstations. More senior employees will teach and train this individual.
- Install and configure Linux and MS Windows workstations.
- Troubleshoot basic desktop environmental issues.
- Install various desktop peripherals (monitors, keyboards, mice).
- Install and configure Windows applications (MS Office, Adobe, etc...)
Advanced tasks to be assigned based on skill level:
- Perl/Python/Shell Scripting
- Linux OS troubleshooting
- Network troubleshooting
- Build Servers from BIOS to OS
- Prior experience in desktop support role
- Windows desktop support experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Basic level of network troubleshooting and analysis
- Ability to work under pressure within a dynamic trading environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.