Big Data Developer
Posted on Jan 3, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
Within our Global Markets business area, Execution and Agency Products is responsible for all Listed and Primary Market security execution for clients of the Bank, predominantly covering Wealth Management and Private clients in Switzerland.
The candidate will work on the team responsible for development of a Data Lake based on Cloudera technology stack. The project aims to build a scalable platform for sourcing data belonging to ITS division of Global Markets, enriching it further per business requirements and make it available to business users with the help of in-house and/or off-the-shelf dashboard tools.
We require a senior Software engineer, who should be capable to pick up all tasks related to the entire life cycle of product development, ie contact with stakeholders, gathering requirements and analysis, design of architecture, implementation, design and write different types of tests, packaging, deployment, support and maintenance software in production; know-how and understand Agile methodology and its tools.
- Development of Data analytics software product
- Contribute to modernization of the software solution, drive adoption of newer technologies with a focus on scalability
- Automated build, packaging and deployment process for production deployments.
Additionally: Work closely with stakeholders on the analysis, design and development of new features
- Develop software components responsible for ingesting end-of-day and intraday data and also for data flows involving joins between these data sets
- Actively participate in the design and technology review of the software components developed in the team
- Evolve overall architecture of the solution with the use of latest technologies available in the bank
- Work to streamline development process and to improve software performance
- Contribute to integration testing (automated and manual) efforts as required
- Collaborate with platform management and other team members on the requirements, preparing the releases and delivering the applications to production
- Assist to resolve incidents involving Production system (3rd level support)
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
The successful candidate will be working in the Execution and Agency development organization with a development team of approximately 60+ people. Their working place will be at our main office in Zürich. This role is part of a global team with members in Switzerland, Poland and India.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
The main challenges will be:
- to develop software components that meets business requirements
- to provide robust solutions for the volumes of data the software is expected to process
- to develop appropriate software solutions despite challenging timeframes
- to comply with policies and standards typical of a large organization
- to contribute to re-architecture of software landscape in the division
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- You have experience building data warehousing and analytics solutions using one of the major Hadoop distributions and various ecosystem components (eg HDFS, Impala, Spark, Flink, Flume, Kafka, etc.).
- 4+ years of experience in Python and/or Scala programming languages
- Experience with Datamodelling and SQL query language
- Experience in building Production data pipelines using Spark, Spark Streaming and Flink technologies
- Experience with Security in Hadoop environment
- Bash Scripting experience
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Practical experience with one of the following Big Data platforms: Cloudera or Hortonworks (min. 1 years)
- Experience with Elastic technology stack (Elastic/Logstash/Kibana)
- Experience working with agile methodology and some basic project management skills
Candidate Value Proposition:
Candidate will be in position to make software design decisions and contribute to the evolution of the software project. Candidate will have opportunities to build advanced software solutions that make a big difference for the bank's core business. There are also opportunities to perform business analyst tasks and to pick up business knowledge in the financial/banking domain.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik ((see below)/).