Mechanical Technician - diesel forklift
Posted on Jan 3, 2020 by Hunters Recruitment Ltd
FT Monday to Friday, with early finish on Friday
An experienced Mechanical Technician is required for Hunters' engineering client to join its Production Team. The Mechanical Technician will work as part of a team to produce bespoke forklift truck conversions and oil and gas engine packages.
ROLES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Undertake mechanical modification of electrical and diesel-powered equipment to meet specification
- Install inlet systems, exhaust systems and cooling systems on diesel forklift truck conversions and oil and gas packages
- Light fabrication of brackets and exhaust systems as required throughout projects
- Read and interpret engineering instructions (drawings and photographs) to achieve project specification
- Discuss conversion requirements with the team leader and engineer as part of pre-conversion review
- Complete project documentation as required
- Document any aspects or components developed during the project for future reference
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Operate within the guidelines of the Company's policies and procedures, IS09001 and internal work instructions
- Comply with the Company's health and safety policy, procedures and processes
- Ensure that all areas, plant and equipment are kept in a clean and safe working condition and that the general area is kept in a clean and tidy state
- Experience in diesel engine powered equipment,
- Knowledge of engine & electrical components
- Ability to read and understand engineering/technical instructions
- Fabrication and welding experience
- Basic IT skills.
- Ability to complete required documentation and records in a timely manner
- Proactive, flexible and enthusiastic
- Strong team ethic
- Willingness to learn additional skills
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Own suitable tool kit to complete job duties
- Willingness to adhere to all health and safety policies, procedures and processes
- Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent
- Knowledge of forklift trucks or oil & gas packages
- Experience of Zone 1 and Zone 2 conversions
- Awareness of quality assurance throughout the whole process.
- Ability to problem solve.