Solution Architect: Upstream, Logistics: Target Architecture: Global O
Posted on Jan 3, 2020 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for Solution Architect (within an Upstream Production - Logistics team, working on multiple projects) with experience in making IT solutions more secure, more flexible and more cost efficient.
It requires involvement in large changes to redesign several aspects of the enterprise's wide long term target architecture.
The changes play on an application level as well as on a foundational level, like Identity and Access Management, so you will definitely be challenged.
The role is to act as Solution Architect in the Target Architecture workstream of the SecureConnect program that designs and documents this updated long term Target Architecture. You will work in a small team, led by a lead architect.
About the role:
- Accept E2E ownership of information gathering, alignment with stakeholders and delivery of consistent and complete well documented target architecture descriptions.
- Drive information gathering and alignment in workshops and off-line meetings. Maintaining excellent relations with key stakeholders.
- Deliver and document a compliant and aligned target architecture.
- Ensure proper handover of architecture deliverables by having excellent communication skills.
- You have substantial experience in leading and executing architecture design/consultancy assignments to architect & design viable enterprise or business solutions to meet business needs.
- You are a conceptual thinker and have the ability to work on high abstraction levels.
- You have extensive experience in architecture modelling, ArchiMate based.
- You are deliverable-oriented and will always focus on results.
We expect a Solution Designer to bring a broad architecture design experience:
- Good understanding of enterprise IT elements like Firewalls, LAN & WAN networks, network protocols, infrastructure & applications, security, IRM, ITIL.
- Good understanding of application architecture and application components like databases, application Servers, OTAP.
- Proven leadership and negotiating skills and ability to drive change
- Preferably a master degree in computer science, mathematics or physics.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.