L2 SOC Analyst - IMMEDIATE START - Shift - £350 a day
Posted on Jan 3, 2020 by Stanton House
Stanton House have exclusively partnered with a rapidly growing MSSP, based in Buckinghamshire/Berkshire, who are looking for an experienced SOC Analyst to join them on a 3-month contract. This is an urgent requirement with an immediate start date.
You will be part of the 24/7 SOC, supporting multiple customers and internal stakeholders with ongoing security detection, event analysis, threat monitoring and incident response. Constant monitoring of the SIEM will be required across core networks and systems, giving you the opportunity to investigate suspicious events and activity; validating suspicious events and incidents by using open-source intelligence sources.
- The ability to build relationships with relevant stakeholders to successful identify, evaluate and communicate new and ongoing cyber threats
- Previous use of threat intelligence feeds and threat monitoring tools to identify data breaches and network compromises within the customer networks
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms (IE ArcSight, Nitro, Q-radar, Splunk, Alien Vault)
- Understanding of network communications and routing protocols
- Understanding of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing
- Working knowledge with attack vectors such as Malware, Trojans, Ransomware and Phishing techniques
- Strong communication both written and oral - the capability to build rapport with customers and relay high level, complex technical and intelligence related information in Layman's term
If you are interested, please apply ASAP as this role is urgent and offers an immediate start date.