Junior Programme Manager (Sport)
Posted on Jan 2, 2020 by University of Exeter (Graduate Business Partnership)
Closing Date: 05/01/2020
Interview Date: W/C 13/01/2020
Start Date: ASAP after interview
A graduate is sought as a Junior Programme Manager, for Sport Inspired, an award-winning sports charity working with young people, in London. The role involves supporting clients from deprived communities and supporting the delivery of sports programmes. This is a permanent role.
SportInspired is an award-winning charity that sees well-being as a fundamental human right. However, for the 4.1m children living in poverty in the UK, it is often out of reach. We passionately believe this is unacceptable.
For 11 years SportInspired has harnessed the unique power of sport to change the lives of children living in the UK's most deprived communities. Our model is based on making being active fun and exciting for all, breaking down the genuine barriers to engagement these children face. We forge impactful partnerships with business and build sustainable community asset networks. SportInspired exists so that every child, regardless of background can develop the confidence and courage to follow their dreams.
SportInspired is on the cusp of game changing growth. In spring 2020 we will launch a new, bold 10-year plan to support every 8 to 9-year-old living in the UK's most deprived communities by 2030.
SportInspired is a team of passionate and committed doers. Our values are embodied in everything we do - from our team, to the way we work together and programmes we deliver - we are impactful, innovative, inclusive, and fun.
Job title: Junior Programme Manager
We're looking for a Junior Programme Manager who is keen to have real responsibility to deliver tangible social impact for young people in deprived communities. This is an opportunity for you to gain invaluable hands-on experience and begin building a career in a fast-paced charity. We have a proven, award-winning track record for our ability to work with some of the biggest brands out there to make innovative and exciting impact.
As the Junior Programme Manager, you will be expected to work closely with Senior Programme Managers to:
- Day-to-day responsibility for supporting the client relationship
- Liaising with the internal team to ensure clients' needs are fulfilled effectively
- Reporting to the client on the outcomes of their programmes
Supporting programme delivery
- End-to-end responsibility for the organisation and delivery of high-quality community-based programmes, including the recruitment of primary and secondary school partners and sports clubs
- Assisting the running of the multi-sport festivals
- Delivery of the programme in primary schools: engaging primary school children in physical, nutritional and mental wellbeing
- Supporting our Young Leader Manager in the delivery of training in key employability skills - leadership, communication, teamwork etc - to secondary school pupils
About the candidate
We are looking for someone who would be a natural addition to our energetic, purpose-driven team. The ideal candidate would be a people person, with a love of building relationships, a passion for communication, an independent and innovative thinker who is passionate about delivering social change founded in a solid evidence base. This role has developmental opportunity and a clear path into senior operational roles.
We are looking for are someone with:
- A passion for working with children and young people, as well as a passion for education and/or sport
- Experience of the delivery of projects and events, on time, within budget, that meet (or exceed) expectations (this may have been as part of a club, society or other non-professional organisation)
- Experience of collaborating with others, motivation and direction
- An ability to solve problems independently, keeping a cool head and working calmly under pressure
- Understanding the big picture of what we are trying to achieve and knowing how this fits into the decisions you make
- Sharp attention to detail and a consistent drive to deliver to a high standard
- Driven by the challenge to build and structure your role and any related processes, balancing both the short and long-term needs of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, whether dealing with our corporate clients, school teachers, sports instructors or the children and young people themselves
- Efficiency - ability to work to tight deadlines, and ability to independently prioritise between tasks with overlapping deadlines, while maintaining a high standard at all times
- Social innovation/enterprise or charity experience is a bonus but not required
- A Bachelor's degree (2:1 or above is preferable)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW