Mechanic II, Budget Manager, Business Analyst II
Posted on Jan 2, 2020 by City Of Aspen
- Administrative Assistant II - Multiple Positions
- Budget Manager
- Business Analyst II
- Capital Asset Director
- Ice Technician - Multiple Positions
- Early Childhood Teaching Intern
- Mechanic II
- Records Manager
- Talent Acquisition Business Partner
- Utilities Resource Manager
- Water Maintenance Technician II
- Communications Specialist II
Do you enjoy creating content that impacts the community? Do you have a knack for developing a variety of public relations products and strategies that increase public awareness and participation in programs? Are you interested in working with emergency management as the Public Information Officer? Join the City of Aspen as a Communications Specialist II where you will be an integral part of delivering the city's vision by partnering with the Communication and Police Departments.
Aspen is one of the most beautiful and prestigious small towns anywhere. You'll find a distinctive small-town character with 6,700 year-round residents and thousands of second homeowners. Aspen is an active, engaged community with diverse ideas and solutions. The City of Aspen is a dynamic organization with a progressive focus - the ideal place to pursue your fullest potential!
Hiring Salary Range: $55,145 - $66,312
- Compiles, develops, and creates a wide range of communications products, including but not limited to literature, brochures, press releases, newsletters, website, television and radio programs as it relates to a strategic communications plan. Coordinates media events. Monitors media articles, reports and broadcasts; may be asked to follow up with corrections, rebuttals, and clarification as necessary.
- Assumes the role of Public Information Officer (PIO) as necessary for emergency incidents. Encourages dialog and communication with the goal of rapid dissemination of information. Enhances information dissemination on routine incidents through coordination and systems development with line staff.
- Acts as a communications business partner, working collaboratively with both the Aspen Police Department & the Communication Department. Provides active engagement and outreach opportunities designed to increase public awareness and participation related to police department & City services, policies, and programs.
- Researches, develops, produces and uses content management tools to maintain departmental, internet notification systems and social media outlets.