Business Information Security Officer/BISO
Posted on Jan 2, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Business Information Security Officer. Candidate will function as the security leader with their area of responsibility. This role will have dual reporting structure, and is responsible for establishing and driving a business specific Information Security program aligned with the business area risks. Candidate will serve as the trusted advisor, both to the business and to the CISO. This role will liaise between the business, keeping clear lines of communication including but not limited to; transparency to the business on upcoming security initiatives, reporting of security risks to the CISO and appropriate committees, as well as a key player in the information security incident response process, from identifying impact to the business and to consumers, to helping shape remediation, and developing external and internal message points. In addition, this role will ensure business compliance with the Information Security Policy and Standards while continuously monitoring and reporting on risks and documented exceptions.
- Establish a documented Information Security Program and supporting strategy
- Ensure program is aligned with the Company Policies and Standards
- Ensure inclusion of all applicable regulatory, legal and contractual obligations
- Leverage the Enterprise and specific Information Security Risk Assessments to establish and monitor the program
- Support the Business Unit and CISO in seeking cost optimizing and driving reduction in operations costs of managing the security controls.
- Increased levels of security across designated Business Unit.
- Improved compliance with security standards and policies across Business Unit teams.
- Greater awareness of information security and data privacy requirements (globally)
- Drive adoption of global security program standards throughout the product and core business platform teams.
- Information Security Risk Management
- Policy Compliance
- Access Management
- Data Protection
- Education and Awareness
- Provide input into the Company
- Review and provide input into the Information Security Policy and Standards
- Ensure clear lines of communication between business and the Chief Information Security Officer
- Provide reporting on the state and efficacy of security controls for their projects and platforms
- Securing ongoing security funding for special/complex projects, and evangelizing security awareness across Business Unit
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years or more year of experience in audit or information security related role.
- Strong understanding of audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data security
- Project management experience highly desired
- Ability to manage multiple complex priorities and competing agendas without express authority over delivery teams
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Analytical aptitude with an emphasis on investigative, methodical critical questioning and logical thinking; a data-driven decision maker
- High level of interpersonal skills to interact with leaders at multiple levels and facilitate team interactions
- Advanced skills with MS-Windows and other related PC applications