Regional Health & Safety Manager
Posted on Jan 1, 2020 by Adler & Allan
Location: Manchester/Lancashire home base focused on North and Scotland - Travel to other locations will be occasional and dependent on business meetings etc.
Salary: Dependent on experience and capability
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, daily hours of work being 8am to 5pm with a one-hour meal break
About the Company:
At Adler and Allan, we provide market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings.
Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
The Company are seeking to recruit a Regional Health & Safety (H&S) Manager to join the team undertaking a group wide role. Reporting to the Group H&S Manager, the primary function of the postholder is to positively challenge, advise, support, coach and mentor all stakeholders to aspire to health & safety excellence. In addition to this, the postholder will provide advice and guidance to
Regional Health & Safety Manager Responsibilities:
* Maintain a dynamic and driven approach to promoting and supporting H&S across the group and the divisions/depots within own remit. Be an ambassador for H&S and promote "out of the box" thinking which enables solutions to problems to be identified and implemented effectively within the depots & work crews you support.
* Facilitate the implementation of policies and procedures which help reduce risk and support a positive H&S culture.
* Support and work closely with the various internal depots, divisions, work crews and clients in relation to planning, reviewing and achieving H&S objectives and targets as well as promote continuous improvement and development throughout.
* Support the divisions in measuring and monitoring performance against the Group and Divisional H&S plans.
* Undertake visits to depots and operational work crews to monitor performance and feedback results along with advice and solutions for any non-conformances identified.
* Develop and promote positive working relations with all key customers i.e. depot management teams, General Managers, work crews as well as external stakeholders.
* Ensure that every depot within own remit undertakes regular planning and engagement workshops with depot management team and the work crews themselves
* Assist depot management & supervisors in preparing RAMS and briefing workers and ensure that they are reviewed and updated at regular intervals.
* Where appropriate, for example planned high risk work packages, support depot management teams with client and project pre-start workshops so as to ensure that the works are planned and will be executed safely prior to commencing on site.
* This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be required to assist with and take responsibility for ad-hoc project work when required.
Regional Health & Safety Manager Requirements:
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
* GradIOSH or CMIOSH status