Database Administrator II -Perm, Lisle,IL
Posted on Dec 31, 2019 by Electronic Transaction Consultants Corporation
Database Administrator II -Perm
The Database Administrator works independently under general direction of the Lead Database Administrator; responsible for resolving issues in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the dedicated support team, the candidate will administer database and application systems (eg Oracle RDBMS, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Application Server), and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the database infrastructure running on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Proven problem-solving skills from problem assessment to solution selection
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Hands-on experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting data guard
- Unix/Linux Shell Scripting and Oracle RMAN backup/recovery experience required
- Administration, performance monitoring, reporting and root cause analysis
- Golden Gate experience - helpful
- Install/Manage Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Manage, implement and maintain database design, creation, security, backups and recovery
- Support production Oracle database services to ensure the highest standards of availability resilience, integrity, security and performance required by client's business
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Installation, upgrades, migrations and maintenance of databases, including patching
- Assist with high availability and disaster recovery (DR), database health checks and optimization, monitoring and management setup and configuration
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options, recommendations, and additional actions relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items
- Must understand Java runtime concepts such as heap memory, thread dumps, garbage collection, etc.
- Investigate and troubleshoot tickets by querying database and viewing server logs
- Able to produce statistical data/charts/graphs
- Identify issue trends and develop ways to prevent future occurrences
- Strong experience working with Java based web Servers and applications required
- Experience working with Linux environments required
- Ability to distinguish between critical and non-critical issues; strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance for assigned shift.
- Must possess basic communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to demonstrate technical experience with recent hands-on capabilities and strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Able to communicate regularly on project and task progress
Required Education and Experience
- Four(4) year college degree or equivalent related working experience
- Relevant technical certification or equivalent related working experience
- 3+ years of experience working in an application support or service support role, such as Tier-3 application Support Engineer
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle database Servers (10g, 11g, or 12c)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL server helpful
- Experience with Oracle RAC in an ASM environment (3+ years)
- Experience with Apache web server setup and configuration
- Experience with Java application support and troubleshooting
- Experience with high availability and failover concepts and implementation
- Strong understanding in PL/SQL and SQL and able to write SQL query.
- Ability to understand and interface with infrastructure and Development organizations and internal business owners
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with Oracle Application Servers (10.1.2 & 10.1.3 or higher) preferred
- Background in WebLogic Administration, best practices and standard procedures preferred
- Experience in PCI Compliance is preferred
This position in regular, Full time with company-sponsored medical, dental and vision benefits available within 30 days. ETC also offers company-paid life and disability insurance, as well as a 401k program with up to a 4% company match, which will be 100% vested within 2 years.