Community Goalkeeper Coach
Posted on Dec 31, 2019 by Colchester United Football Club
Colchester United's Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
The role as our Community GK Coach offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment within our Participation department, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
To deliver high quality GK based coaching for all ages enabling individuals to develop their abilities to their potential and enjoy physical activity, develop their potential which will encourage them to sustain activity levels.
Are You Eligible:
To be eligible for shortlisting a candidates desirable qualifications would be; FA Level 2 coaching qualification, Minimum FA Level 1 GK Coaching; FA Youth Modules, up to date Safeguarding and Emergency Aid. All eligible candidates must be DBS checked.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support in the delivery of the CUFITC GK/Sports activities
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations
- To liaise with parents/carers when appropriate
- To support with CUFITC administration as required
- To liaise with programme Development Officers regarding CUFITC day to day operation
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications
- To undertake appropriate training
Qualifications & Experience:
- FA Level 2 Football Coaching
- FA Youth Modules
- FA Level 1 GK Coaching
- Member of the FA licences coaching club
- FA Level 2 GK Coaching
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- FA Youth Module 3
Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a Football/GK coaching environment. Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils. Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
£10 per hour