Director, Minority Business Growth
Posted on Dec 31, 2019 by Greater Cleveland Partnership
The Director, Minority Business Growth leads Greater Cleveland Partnership's initiatives that foster growth, success, and wealth creation of minority entrepreneurs and business owners.
Specifically, the Director, Minority Business Growth will help develop, launch and direct CommitCLE, a comprehensive initiative comprised of programmatic components that focus on demonstrably increasing corporate supplier diversity spend, proactively connecting buyers to minority business suppliers, and significantly growing businesses owned by people of color. CommitCLE Components include: Corporate Engagement, Minority Business Cohort, Procurement Professionals Group, The Inclusion Marketplace, the Business Growth Collaborative, Boardroom-to-Boardroom, and the Inclusive Innovation Council. The Director, Minority Business Growth reports to the Managing Vice President, Inclusion and Strategic Partnerships, and supervises one Program Manager within GCP's Equity & Inclusion division.
- Strengthen relationships with the corporate buying community to gain commitment to use and support minority-owned businesses.
- Facilitate relationship-building between the corporate buying community and Northeast Ohio's minority business growth eco-system.
- Identify and implement new processes that increase efficiency and efficacy of the minority business growth eco-system.
- Partner with community stakeholders and organizations to expand CommitCLE into Cleveland's neighborhoods
- Research national innovative models for inclusive entrepreneurial support and vet best-practices for applicability to Northeast Ohio
- Build relationships with community and economic development organizations in the region and outside the region working on inclusive economic growth and host convenings with local and national partners
- Work with other GCP Divisions to capitalize on synergies of the work to grow Northeast Ohio's economy
- Implement CommitCLE programming with high-quality, efficiency to ensure positive outcomes
- Provide tools to the corporate buying community to grow their supplier diversity programs
- Grow the Inclusion Marketplace, a business growth tool and portal connecting buyers with minority suppliers.
- Lead the Business Growth Collaborative and Boardroom to Boardroom programs with support from the Program Manager
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Understanding and thoughtful consideration of issues related to economic inclusion, particularly racial equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and the ability to work with(in) communities of color
- Experience in and or knowledge of corporate procurement practices and/or small and medium business growth strategies
- Significant urgency to act, interest in driving others to act, and proven history jumping in and taking initiative. Comfortable with taking ambiguity and turning it into action
- Process-oriented; comfortable in a fast-paced, often-changing environment; likes variety in work and is comfortable with a certain amount of disruption in a planned schedule
- Ability to navigate complexity of politics and communication across many organizations and diverse stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree or other advanced degree in business preferred
- Excellent organizational skills related to processing information and materials
- Outstanding communication skills, including superior writing skills, confident verbal communication, and thoughtful and mature understanding other one-to-many communication vehicles, eg email, social media
- Ability to manage projects with many stakeholders with different perspectives
- Excellent customer service skills with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and see them through to completion
- Proficiency in time management: responsive to requests, and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce, video conferencing