Deskside Support Engineer - L2 LEVEL - HCL Technologies Ltd _France
Posted on Dec 29, 2019 by HCL GB Ltd
Below is the job description of DSE L2 position available with us at location:
Work Location - Tour,France
Job Type - Fixed Term Contractor (FTC) for 12 Months
Language Required - English (Required)/German Fluency(Desirable)
Job Description as below:
As my office is located In Noida, India location so I will be calling you from my India office landline number as soon as I receive the below details from you.
Desk side Level 2 Role (Desktop Technician)
This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding/desktop support, printers, PDAs, BlackBerrys, and LAN cable drops
- Hands on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Providing on-site cover as part of a shift arrangement
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure - Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications ie Office
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication by Engineer in English and local languages is mandatory
- Management of the team of L1 resources
- Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that the service is polite, efficient and responsive
- A self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
- An individual with a minimum of 3 year's supervisory experience
- At least 5-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Prior experience on Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of run and maintain support and hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects/upgrades (workstations)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Thorough understanding of Outlook's calendaring tool
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and local language)
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Background security check required
- Additional language skills (English and local language)
- Experience of managing and leading a geographically and culturally diverse team
Please confirm if you are available and interested for this position and share your latest updated CV in English language along with the below details:
Relevant IT Experience:
Current Employment Type (contractor/permanent):
Current Monthly Gross Salary:
Expected Monthly Gross Salary:
Notice Period in Current Company:
Work Permit Status (if Non-European):