Senior Software Engineer - Control Systems/Robotics
Posted on Dec 28, 2019 by Vector Recruitment Ltd
We have a superb opportunity for a Software Engineer to join one of Cambridge's hottest technology companies who are currently going through a period of rapid growth and expansion in their purpose-built R&D and Manufacturing centre!
This role will see you have a huge amount of autonomy on the development of next generation control systems for complex electro-mechanical robotics products. The successful candidate will have good software development skills using C/C++ and MATLAB or Python for algorithm development. You will also likely have a background in some of the following: Real Time servo control, feedback control, signal processing, Kinematic, knowledge of interfacing with sensors and/or autonomous control of the robotic system.
In return, you will be working for an employer who strongly believe a company is only as successful as the people it hires, so you can expect an excellent salary (two yearly salary reviews), a generous benefits package and plenty of work connected social events, should you want to take part. You will be working in a purpose-built state of the art facility, which is expanding, offering plenty of opportunity to grow in term of career development as well as skills, through a highly successful skills development program.
Requirements for Senior Software Engineer (Control Systems/Robotics)
- Strong theoretical and practical experience of feedback control systems
- A good understanding of software engineering fundamentals and best practice
- Capable of coupling rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving
- You'll be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive - and interested in what the company is seeking to achieve
- A good academic qualification (at least 2.1) in an engineering, mathematical or relevant scientific subject
- Familiarity with C and Python programming languages
- Fluency in either MATLAB or Numeric Python for algorithm prototyping and/or data analysis
- Experience with safety critical systems, possibly from another industry such as medical, automotive, aviation, or industrial control
Salary: £50k - £75k + Bens
Vacancy Location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Cambridge, Huntington, Peterborough, Bedford, Royston etc.)