Application Developer - C#/MVC
Posted on Dec 28, 2019 by Matt Burton Associates
Application Developer - C#/MVC
I have a new opportunity for an experienced Applications Developer (C#) to work for a leading and global supply chain service provider. The core of the business is to develop bespoke solutions for handling many thousands of mission critical parts. This client has over 2000+ customers supporting their global operations.
The IT function is responsible for the provision, development and support of IT infrastructure based on a workload centric strategy, to provide excellence in Information Technology solutions and services that will facilitate the vision, objectives and goals of the business.
The Role - Applications Developer
To analyse, define, specify and develop global technical solutions in line with development life cycle, enabling process improvement and efficiency, as outlined by the business. To carry out on-going support and maintenance of existing software solutions.
Detailed knowledge and expertise within function and cross functional knowledge required to assess the impact of requested developments on day to day operations.
- Analysis, development, implementation and maintenance of new and existing applications within specific areas of expertise
- To liaise with other business areas and representatives at key stages of the development life cycle providing an insight into global IT infrastructure, existing developments, systems limitations and business logic
- Responsibility for contribution to full development life cycle will be required on a project to project basis to include, documentation for specifications at business and technical levels and test plans where necessary, development, developer testing and implementation
- To provide user training, supported by user guides/notes when solutions are implemented
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance
- To provide day to day support of those solutions, including support via telephone or electronic means and ensuring the use of best practice and data integrity at all times. This will include the production of fixes where necessary and to the agreed timescales to keep continued service to our business
- To investigate and advise of any new practice, technical solution, best practice or third party software and bring these to the attention of the wider team both generally and in the execution of the agreed solutions
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy, procedures and agreed standards, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual
- Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job
This role is responsible for our core suite of MVC technologies and delivering business process solutions.
The key accountabilities/skills for the role include:
- Detailed knowledge of Source Control and Object Orientation
- Preferably exposure to MVC, Unit Testing, Domain Driven Design and ORM/Persistence
- Desirable, but not essential, knowledge of Sharepoint
- Proven experience of the full Development life cycle
- Relevant Industry recognised qualifications
Interested? Please sent your CV for more information regarding the role.